Thursday, October 15, 2015

Welcome to Ryan Road!




Why did I start this blog?
I have a Flickr account with tons of photos posted, but sometimes the photos have a story behind them that I can't quite tell in the titles and captions.  So this is a place where I can do that.  At least, I think so.

I don't plan on having much of an update schedule; it'll be updated when I have something I'm itching to show off.

A little about me:
My interests are traffic signs and signals, and lately I've gotten into retail.  Retail?  What??!!  I found myself on numerours road trips being able to point out certain abandoned or re-purposed buildings and being able to say, "Hey, that's a...!"  Each chain has their own specific designs that are quite obvious.  I also have found myself pointing out a particular site and saying, "Hey, ... used to be there!"  Something about the designs and the history, I guess.  There are a few people out there who are interested in stores, such as the people over at Dead and Dying Retail that have inspired me to take a new look at some of the places I've been or those that catch my eye.

As a matter of fact, I started out my blog-writing following the history of the Signature Inn hotels and realized that I had a few more stories outside of just Signature Inn.

So...whenever I have a story to tell, here it will be posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment